Friday, April 26, 2013

Week Thirteen: Welcome to the Second Trimester!



Today marks the first day of my second trimester, the supposedly easiest and most enjoyable stretch of pregnancy! Hooray!

I've still got an IV in my wrist for fluids as needed, but I'm feeling better. AND I performed in opera workshop this evening with it in there, so that's pretty epic, if I do say so myself. I'll stop talking about how awesome I am now. :p Just kidding about the awesome part.

I am so excited to be out of the first trimester. Things are supposed to get easier from now until I actually am a beached whale, as opposed to just feeling like one, in the final weeks of the third trimester. Hopefully my body will start chilling out now that the hormone levels will start to even out.

Baby has all of his/her major systems formed, so now it's main job is to get bigger (and cuter). And kick me. Baby will also be ready to show us the goods between 18 and 20 weeks, so we will soon find out if we have a little guy or girl growing in my grapefruit-sized uterus.

Please pray for us as we near the end of the spring semester and prepare to head home to Iowa!

Love,
Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment