Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Weeks Twenty One and Twenty Two


I am proud to announce that I am finally sporting an authentic baby bump, and not a bloated tummy full of Mexican food! People can finally tell that I'm pregnant, although, most wouldn't ever guess I'm 22 weeks along.

As for sweet little Jellie Bean, she finally has been named, as you can see from the bump shots. Catherine Victoria, Kate for short. :) Oddly enough, I was originally supposed to be named Catherine, but my parents switched it out for Eleanor instead, shortly before I was born.

Kate is one active little girl, kicking away each morning, noon, and night. She was kicking almost non-stop from 6:00 p.m. until 1:00 p.m. the next day on Monday and Tuesday of this week - I got absolutely no sleep, but it was still amusing. She finally conked out and wasn't really active again until the next afternoon. I wonder if she's practicing Tae Kwon Do in there, like her daddy, or swimming (or even cheerleading!) like her mommy. Any guesses?

Itty bitty baby tootsies!
Our next regular appointment is next week. We'll see the OB for a checkup and to hear Kate's heartbeat on the doppler. We also see the perinatologist again on the 17th for another ultrasound. We're hoping she is growing and developing well - as this will be a very positive sign after our scary quad screen results from a few weeks ago. If she's not doing well, we will proceed with the MaterniT21 screen (a more active blood test). The perinatologist called us a few days after our appointment and offered us the test, and we were so excited for the opportunity to take it if need be, as we didn't think it was available in our area. If the results from the MaterniT21 test aren't good, we will proceed with an amniocentesis. This is all very scary for Justin and I, but we have faith that little Kate is healthy and strong.

In addition to all the baby stuff surrounding us lately, Justin and I are also on quite an adventure to find housing starting in the fall. School is looking like a no-go this year as tuition is just outrageous at CUI and we aren't getting the financial aid we need. We plan to pick up where we left off and finish school as soon as possible, but for now, a year off is the best choice for us - so long as we can find a place to call home! We have a found a few interesting options, but haven't quite found the best deal that will be the best for our family yet. We ask for your prayers (and welcome your suggestions) as we continue our search!

Tomorrow is the Independence Day, and we are looking forward to relaxing and enjoying gorgeous fireworks in the evening. On Friday, we head up to my grandpa's cabin in Lake Benton, Minnesota, one of my favorite places in the world. It's so peaceful up there.


Grandpa's Cabin
We were there a few weeks ago for Father's Day so Justin, my dad, and my brother-in-law Matt could put the dock in. It was a beautiful day, and everyone had a great time, especially sweet little Sadie:


Chasing after her daddy!
Determined doodle on bird watch.
She ran around the lawn all day, fetched sticks, and chased any bird that dared to fly too low. This little furball is my pride and joy. <3

I'm not sure what this trip's project will be, but I'm excited to go back and spend some quality time with my family.



That's all for now. We will keep you posted on appointments with updates and ultrasound pictures.

Blessings and love,
Ellie, Justin, Baby Kate, and Sadie Lou, too

No comments:

Post a Comment