Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy Independence Day!

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY PB AND JELLIE READERS!!! We hope that those of our readers who live in the United States found many reasons to celebrate the wonderful country we are so privileged to live in!

Among all the reasons I love Independence Day (a reason to celebrate the amazing men and women who fight so hard for our freedom, gorgeous fireworks, and quality family time), I am ashamed to admit that one of my favorite things about the day is that I can get away with wearing blue sparkly eye makeup and fire engine red lipstick outside of a theatrical setting, and without a time machine to take me back to decades past.



SPARKLY BLUE EYELINER - YAY!
I didn't sleep well last night, so Justin and I were slow to get moving today. We eventually made our way over to my parents' place, and went to the Plymouth County Historical Museum with my mom. There was a nice "garage sale", a watermelon feed, and root beer floats.

This evening, we had a lovely time waiting for the fireworks to start at the Le Mars Mutual. Sadie and Leroy (my family's dog) were friendly with each and every stranger they came across, and Justin and I played guitar and sang some of our favorite music until after dusk.






Hipster Hubby!
The fireworks show was shorter than last year, as far as I can remember, but still enjoyable. Sadie was a little scared, but eventually calmed down when Justin and I moved from our chairs back down to our blankets and she could sit between us. Baby Kate didn't squirm too much during the show, but during the Ice Cream Days fireworks show, which we were much closer to, she kicked up a storm.


'splosions!
Tomorrow we head to Lake Benton for a couple of days, and then we'll go over to my Uncle Sonny and Aunt Nancy's for more celebration on Sunday.

We have a busy set of days ahead of us, but hopefully we'll check in soon!

23 weeks tomorrow!

Love,
Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment